Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Finding Love

Beginning to wonder if I will ever find love.  I know the song says looking for love in all the wrong place--I don't even know where those are and sure don't know the right places.  I hesitate to try web sites,  I just don't feel comfortable --can't tell who they are and the tonal inflection of what someone says.  I'm open---I look at Krogers and lots of other places I go,  I smile and look friendly.  I make comments to strangers sometimes.  I don't know that bars are the place--at least I would have to go to the wrinkle room to find some around my age.  I need a wingman to go with me.  Not comfortable going by myself.  I just feel socially awkward in situations like that.  It is hard for me to talk to people that just pop up,  I don't know what to say.   Maybe this weekend I'll spend some time on the web.  Maybe pay for match for a couple of months,  just to see what happens.  The only guy that flatters me feels more like a friend.  I think we have each liked each other but never at the same time,  it doesn't seem to connect in that way.  I like him as a friend.   You would think I would have friends who know single guys--they are out there just hiding from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment