Thursday, July 26, 2012

Pain

I've discovered that pain for me drains my energy and spirits.  The pain I've been dealing with for a long time.  Years in fact.  Neck/shoulders/arms/hips/knees. At one point or another and sometimes in tandem all these things hurt.  Surgery in April was a good idea but I didn't think on the long term pain of it.  My IBT's are still sore and still healing.  Since then I've developed a painful left shoulder. I've been through all the non invasive treatment we could think of.  Stretching, exercise, deep tissue massage, ultrasound, acupuncture and iontophereses.  Nothing has stopped the pain which sometimes reaches an 8 on the pain scale.  We think it is a torn rotator cuff.  So now I get to go to an orthopedist and see if that is what it is.  The choices once there if it is torn is an injection or surgery.  So I guess an MRI is in my future then a diagnose and figure out next step.  I get relief when I find the sweet spot where it isn't painful but just aches.

My spirits are low. I'm tired, if I roll over in bed wrong the pain strikes.  There is pain in so many places but nothing that keeps me from going on.  It has been suggested I have fibromaligia  but no one has given me that as a thing I have.  So I just keep on taking pain pills,  the lowest doses I can get by with.  I can't imagine what life is without  pain

No comments:

Post a Comment