Sunday, December 26, 2010

Holidays Not too bad

Well the holidays were not as bad as I anticipated this year.  Thanksgiving itself was just a day to survive.  I had my kids over the week before with good friends and that is what I consider my Thanksgiving.  Christmas was sort of the same.  Had my kids over and cooked and we enjoyed each others company.  I went to my in law family and enjoyed but feel like the odd man out.  They are funny and lovable but it's hard being the outsider now.  Christmas day was good.  The family you choose breakfast supper was a success.  Food was good and company was better.  We played games and talked and laughed.  One friend bought the best turkey I think I've ever eaten.  I think all enjoyed it.  So on a scale of 1 to 10 so far this season has been about a 6,  so pretty durn good.  I fell into tears tonight-not at all sure why.  Had just finished leftover biscuits and gravy-watching the Two Towers an broke into tears.  What gives with that?  It didn't last long and was over.  Delayed stress?  I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment